[geeks] FS: Quad XEON and Ultra2

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:25 CST 2003

--On Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:48 PM -0500 Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:07:17 -0500
> Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
>> Turns out I got ripped off over paypal (sold something, money was on
>> my account. 5 month later
>> paypal reversed the payment cause the guy used false funds). And my
>> cisco is gone too :-(
>
> Uh.  5 *months* later?  Sounds rather fishy to me.

Paypal is rather notorious for locking up funds after the fact--seems
their fraud division is overwhelmed, and they will reverse funds and
lock accounts with no warning.  It's very difficult to get things re-
instated.

Never keep much money in your Paypal account--it's pretty much a rule
among those who do a lot of business through Paypal.  Number two rule
is always get signature confirmation when you ship anything that costs
more than you are willing to lose, cash-wise (no signature, no basis
for complaint or proof that you sent what you sold).

PayPal is under investigation in a number of states for violation of
banking regulations--it remains to be seen if the Feds will get involved
and declare them to be a bank.  In the meantime, they are making a lot
of cash with users' deposits, in spite of all the fraud.

If you can stand an audience even more full of invective than /., try
reading the PayPal users' forums at eBay.

=Nadine=