[geeks] YAGCT

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:19 CST 2003

My own thoughts, once and only, for this latest YAGCT (Yet Another Gun
Control Thread).

I'm hard left. Harder than most of you have ever met. I also hunt.
Finished my best friends 10 point Whitetail buck this year - as he hunts
in a shotgun only area it's all too easy to make a fatal shot that does
not instantly drop a deer. I kept it from running any further.

For more serious hunting I have a 7.62mmN L1A1 clone that I built from
parts myself. Move out a hollowpoint 150+ grain boattail of 1/3 of an
inch in diameter and Bambi will drop. (It's also nice to have if
Ashcroft and the rest of the f*%^#$%s ever cross the Rubicon.) For my
"someday" elk hunt I plan to build a VZ-24 Czech manufactured large ring
mauser in .300 Win Mag.

I actually prefer pheasant though. Nothing like an Ithaca M37 12 gauge
and #7 shot. I currently use my father-in-laws and I hope I'll be the
one lucky enough to inherit it.

The flip side is I'm left ambivalent by both sides. Yep violent crime
went down in the CCW states. Of course it went down _everywhere_ but we
won't mention that will we? Oh, cops are still dying at the same rate -
no massive jump. We won't mention that either...

I think there really is a difference between those who grow up in the
big city (>= 250K). I have yet to meet anyone who _grew up_ in a big
city that I'd trust with in a mile of me while holding a fire arm.

In this mess we call America, none of us who actually care are innocent
any longer. We can disagree - but our system gives us a way to do that
with relative sanity. If we didn't have our constitution, I'd bet the
balkans would be a model of stability compared to us.

Too much blather already. I'll stfu now.

William
--
REGIME CHANGE STARTS AT HOME... Wesley Clark for President
http://www.clark04.com/