[geeks] Re: Gun Control

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:17 CST 2003

Here is what I think. First of all I am 100% strictly against guns. I
live
in the usa and I know stuff is beeing handled the wrong way. I know
you can own guns in germany too if you have a license as a hunter
and I know if you want to buy a gun you could buy one in germany
no matter what. Now the question is are they just a bit smarter or why
are there less gun related crimes than in the USA.

Also I think that guns itselfe build up bad charma. If you own a gun
you more likely get (or want??) into a situation to make use of it. Also
if you have a gun the chances are 50% that if the person doing harm
to you can shoot you too. So why take the 50% chance. If the other
person does see you have a gun he for sure will shoot.

But I guess it will just take a few more decades until people wake up.
Back when I was still living in germany I was never scared of beeing
at the wrong place. Here I always have this thought in the back of my
head that if I say something wrong to somebody, and he has a gun,
he might shoot me. Why can I not have peace in my mind?

By the way I say this cause I had a crazy coworker at work point a gun
at my head cause he wanted to show how cool his gun is. Not to
mention that was his last day at work. I told my boss I would quit if
he would not fire him. From that day on I was scared to go to my car
after work...