[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:14 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Shawn Wallbridge' wrote:
> The Ruger was nice. I just wanted to try something bigger.

Of course!

> The Glock on the other hand just felt like a cheap toy. Not impressed
> in any way. I would not buy one.

They're popular among divers, I hear.  The tupperware coating keeps
out the salt and they actually function well underwater.

> I wish I had had my camera. Hmm, Google found it...
> http://usgi1911.tripod.com/gallery/Kimber.jpg
> It was a VERY nice gun, I would love to have one.

I've got a similar Kimber.  Love it.  Mine is an Eclipse Custom Law
Enforcement II model with tritium night sights. (glow in the dark
dots that don't need to be charged up under a light)

> The grip safety was pretty cool. I barely noticed it while using it.

Bingo!  That's so you can spin it on your finger before you holster it
and it won't go off.  (I KID! I KID!)

-DanD

# I don't suffer from insanity.  I enjoy every minute of it.