[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:13 CST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 07:47:07PM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> I'm 220, in the gym 4 days a week.... at least i
> was before my car was put into the shop.... :|
>
> The DE still packs a big punch for me.  Of course my
> forearms have always been a weak bodypart for me and
> that would make a differance.

I'm only about 165 or so, but I've always had pretty strong wrists.  I
don't lift, and probably couldn't bench-press much, but I shoot my Super
Blackhawk quite comfortably one-handed.

> For most of you guys out there who may be considering a
> DE, "normal" people (no offense Kurt) notice a fairly
> significant differance between .45 and .50 AE

I don't consider .45ACP to be a hard kicker.  I've shot 9mm Glocks that
were harder to control than my Para-Ordnance .45 with my +P loads.

(I hate Glocks.  No external safety, horribly creepy triggers, and with
most of the weight in the slide, the damn things jump around like a
gerbil on speed.  I shot a H&K USP once, hoping it'd be better .... it
was *worse*.  I swear I could feel that damned plastic trigger flexing
on every shot.  I'd love to know what rocket scientist thought a
plastic trigger was a good idea.)