[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:13 CST 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:37:59 -0500
Kevin wrote:

> WTF 1911 rounds are you shooting?
>
> I owned a DE 50AE for three years (nickel) and ran
> several hundred rounds through it, in fact, i had to
> replace the recoil springs (it has two) in it
> twice.  IMHO the rcoil wasn't what you would have
> expected, but it was significantly more so than
> any .45 i've ever shot.
>
> If you had a firm grip and everything was in place, it
> was fine.  But if your grip was off or wavering in the
> least bit, you could expect a very slight wrist injury.
>
> Still, being an automatic, it is no where as bad as a
> 54.4 Casull revolver.

Well, consider the source.  I'm a bodybuilder and powerlifter, and I tip
the scales at over 230 first thing in the AM.  I also shoot +P in my
1911, and prefer 230gr projectiles.  I'm also not phased by .454 Casull,
or even the .500 Smith&Wesson.

I'm not typical, I know.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.