[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:12 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:24:16PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Interesting.  My Springfield actually shoots about 6" low.  Most of that
> could be fixed by modifying the front sight, but, like I said, I'm
> apparently too lazy to actually do anything about it.  And now I've
> gotten used to it and I unconciously compensate when I used that pistol.

I could do that, and in fact I try when I take it to the range, but it
just ....  bothers me.  I want my firearms to shoot where I aim, dammit.

> I have a CZ70 and ZC52 that both shoot dead-on.  The CZ70 is, of course,
> my carry gun (when I go places where I'm licensed), and the CZ52 is my
> jawdropper.  First time I took it to the range I had damn near everyone
> asking to shoot it - now the range carries a steady supply of them for
> sale.  :)

My favorite "attract every shooter at the range" piece is the Mark II*
Martini-Henry.  Last time I took it out to the range, I think I only got
about four rounds off before people started wandering over to "see what
was sending shockwaves down the firing line".

Unfortunately, I only have 35 good cases for it, and right now I can't
find even those.  And although I have the forming dies, I can't get my
hands on the brass to make more.  (I need to start with Bell 3" basic,
.600 Nitro Express, or .577 Nitro Express brass.)  There was a rumor
some years back that Bertram was going to do a run of Martini-Henry
brass, but to the best of my knowledge it never materialized.