[geeks] Swapping Sparc boxes...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Dec 20 03:25:09 CST 2003

"From: "David L Kindred (Dave)" <d.kindred at telesciences.com>
"
"b) I haven't seen SGI's or IBM's stuff, but I swear that things are
"   changed in HP-UX and Solaris *JUST SO THEY ARE DIFFERENT*.  And they
"   wouldn't want too close a match to the "free" systems either.  I
"   think the suits call it "product differentiation" don't they?

if you're referring to solaris and not obp names, they were inherited
from at&t in sV.

hpux and osf appear to just vary bsd nomenclature.