[geeks] free magazines

Steven Kreuzer steven_kreuzer at etagon.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:06 CST 2003

Actually, I have a subscription to a few magaziens that I got for free
this way. I used to work for a very large magazine publisher and
basically it works like this. The 20 bucks they charge you for a
subscription means nothing to them.

What does matter is that their subscription count increases by one,
which means that they can sell ads at higher rates because the ad
reaches more people.

Trust me, being able to charge 55,000 for a full page color ad generates
more income then your 20 dollar subscription.

Steven Kreuzer
Linux Systems Administrator
Etagon, Inc
W: 646.728.0656