[geeks] Re: [rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 14 16:27:56 CDT 2003

"From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
"
"On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 02:52:11PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"> "From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
"> "   I think the root of the problem is that people are no longer taught
"> "(or don't care to remember) the basics of "right" and "wrong".
">
"> it only takes one, or a few.  then the pressure is on for others to
"> play down to their level or get out of the game.
">
"> i agree though, some emphasis on 'business ethics' etc - so that it
"> isn't oxymoronic anymore - would be a Good Thing [tm].
"
"
"Now, wait.  Back up a step.  Do you want "business ethics", or do you
"want "ethics in business"?

both.  i want them to mean the same thing, something positive.

"As far as I understand, "business ethics" largely amounts to "You can
"screw anyone as long as there's money in it, just don't get caught
"unless you have some poor unsuspecting bastard already set up to take
"the fall for you."

that's what makes the phrase an oxymoron now.