[geeks] Sony VAIO TR1AP

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Aug 14 13:34:46 CDT 2003

Although i doubt anyone on this list would be
considering this laptop, just in case you are... it's
utter and complete crap.  One of the partners here at
work asked me to order him one (he likes gimmicky toys)
and it just arrived today.  It looks and feels just
like something that would come out of a box of Lucky
Charms.  They keyboard would piss you off if you had to
type more than two sentences with it.  There are a
number of plastic trap doors that are held on by thin
rubber strips (will break within a year) and something
inside there rattles like it's full of plastic bits.  I
can't stand this kind of garbage.  I normally order A31
Thinkpads for our people here at work, and i have had
good success with them in the past.  Even the name is
wrong.  Just pull out the number "1" and you have the
"Sony TRAP".

Like i said, this is for a partner here and it was his
choice, so be it.  But the problem is, he will tire of
it in a year (he only uses them for maybe a hour or
three a week) and then when we get a new hire they will
be stuck trying to do real work, 8 hours a day, with
this crap because it will be a mandatory hand me down.

AAAAHHHHHH....

/KRM