[geeks] OS X Software Update issues

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Aug 10 01:09:17 CDT 2003

"From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
"
"On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:07:10PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
"> Is anybody else having problems with OS X 10.2.6 and Software Update
"> behind a firewall?  It works fine outside the firewall but not behind
"> it.
"> Anybody have a port number that I need to open to make this work?
"
"Why would you need an *incoming* port number?  Its a client-side program.
"I run a G4 w/10.2.6 behind a PIX with *no* incoming ports open from the
"outside, and it works fine..

anyone else here running brickhouse on osx?  afaik it appears to be a
front panel for a hidden osx fw ability.

data point: i have my mother's imac set up with this blocking all
incoming, since 10.0.4, and update works fine.