[geeks] MTIFF files

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Aug 6 14:01:11 CDT 2003

> > When did multiple page TIFF documents become a standard?

   That TIFF, she gets around! There's a whole pile of extensions and
varieties of the TIFF "standard" that most normal people will never hear of. I
thought I _knew_ what a TIFF was and was for when I did prepress, and then I
found out about TIFFs with embedded paths (from Scitex systems?), and
mutli-page TIFFs, and faxed TIFFs, and TIFF with the Beatles' complete catalog
embedded in them, etc., etc.
   Funny how flexible a standard can be..
-wde
--