[geeks] I am week

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Apr 28 23:10:25 CDT 2003

I'm trying to get a PC running to run windows on.  I'm weak.  I want to
run ExpressPCB, and KEGA for playing SegaCD games.  Poor excuse.  I also
hope to give Lindows and VMWare on windows a spin, for helping a friend
who wants to switch, but isn't highly computer literate.

I have a HP kayak machine.  It seems to think that there should be a fan
at the top in the back, but there is none there.  I'm fairly certain it
isn't really needed for cooling, but it won't boot without one.  I can't
find anything in the bios to make it boot anyway.  Anyone know what to
do?  This is a P2-300 machine, so it is a fairly early model.