[geeks] HP LJ2100 fun...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 22:42:54 CDT 2003

OK - printers are the topic du jour today ;^)

I come into posession of an HP LJ2100, it prints real nice... BUT:

I can't get the JetDirect 600N configured to save my life!

The config pages show the jetdirect functioning fine, with a less than
useful IP address defined (137.n.n.n).

I run the Network Printer config wizard (on a WinXP PC), but it can't
find the printer (even when I specify the machine address).

I run the Webmin application (again, WinXP PC), but it doesn't discover
the printer either.

So, short of making a complete stand-alone network that covers the same
address range, any ideas?

In the back of my mind, I think that if I order the magic $10 install
CD from HP, it will help me get over this issue - will it?

Also, I found a source for the postscript SIMM for this printer at
(AFAIK) a good price, $50 brand new, boxed w/CD, $35 for the bare SIMM
at www.printerworks.com - they may have others (they claim to have over
500 of this particular SIMM).

=====
Lionel