[geeks] HP Superdome benchmark

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 25 07:12:17 CDT 2003

Hi Lads

As of Thursday, a Windows system is at the top of the leaderboard for
transaction processing performance. HP have joined the circle-jerk
surrounding the release of Windows 2003 datacentre edition by publishing
TPC-C benchmarks for a (as yet unreleased) Superdome system running Windows
on Itanium 2 processors:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2003/030424b.html

I suspect that this is the first time a windows system has ever been in the
top five for TPC performance. While I know that HP have always marketed
their unix systems really badly, for some reason this really pisses me off.

BRING ME THE HEAD OF CARLY FIORINA!

Oh well. I suppose I can take comfort that even if a Windows system tops
the leader-board, underneath it is running on Unix Iron.

Regards,

Gavin