[geeks] Metaframe [WAS] Bad practice in the Win/X86 world

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 21 11:56:41 CDT 2003

ICA.

Metaframe kicks ass... TS sucks ass.  TS is RDP only which means up
until recently only Windows clients... There is now an RDP client for
OS X.  There is an ICA client for just about every OS made... There's a
native client for many and a Java client for any that don't yet have a
native client.

ICA also has many performance improvements over RDP especially over low
bandwidth connections... Now what I'd like to see is more Metaframe
Server for UNIX versions... i.e. not just Solaris or HP-UX, but for OS
X, etc.

Andrew