[geeks] Shaft-drive bikes

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 4 07:05:27 CST 2003

vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> Does anyone know which shaft-drive motorbike has the highest
> power-to-weight right now?

Probably a BMW.  I'm guessing.  The only other bikes that have shaft drive
are some makes of japanese cruisers, and they're all quite heavy.

I've always found this type of info to be rather hard to find.  You can get
weight specifications on the manufacturer's website, but torque specs are
often hard to come by.  Somewhere at home I have a printout of a bunch of
bikes tested in '00 or '01 complete with torque/hp figures, quarter mile
times/speeds, 0-60 times, 60-0 distance, etc.  I'll see if I can dig it out
this afternoon.  It's not all-inclusive, but it is fairly representative.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."