[geeks] Job wanted: Austin, TX

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:00:25 CST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:17:39AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:

> I think this would be a good time for all unemployed Geeks to get SBA
> loans and start home-based businesses.  Hows this for a process:
>
> Geeks Become Unemployed
> Geeks Start Small Businesses
> Geeks Build Small Businesses over time.
> Geeks End Up A Serious Group of Money in the Marketplace.
>
> A long-term solution to the dot-bomb failures.

Out of curiosity, what happens if the business bombs, when financed with
a SBA loan?  Do they take it out on you personally?

I've considered the idea of doing medical computer aided training, but I
probably shouldn't do it for a minimum of something like fives years or
something (or at least should hire a lawyer first), thanks to NDAs I've
been required to sign for class.

But then, I could always consider starting a calculator company, and
then, maybe, expand into math educational software...

--
Joshua D. Boyd