[geeks] Oh my god...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 11:34:13 CST 2002

--- Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 07:56, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Where has this guy been?  Tablet PCs have been around for nearly a
> > decade (IIRC).
>
> That's what i said. Didn't get much of a response.

Well, tablet PCs were designed for vertical markets, not mass-market,
and were priced out of the reach of most folks...

Current Tablet PCs are desktop replacements...

I have a linux tablet (with a great 10.4" 1024x768 display) and an IBM
360PE (486 laptop with touch screen, the top can flip over and become a
tablet PC)...

All that being said, I prefer a 15" UGXA laptop (1600x1200) - you can
always find a desk to work off of, and with dual batteries, my Inspiron
8100 can go about 4 hours!

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com