[geeks] Big Geek Feet

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Nov 25 12:07:50 CST 2002

> Bring me everything you have in size 15, good sir.
>
> 	Huh?
>
> I have large feet.
>
> 	Oh. Which style do you prefer?
>
> Why don't you bring me all you have, and I can choose from what you
> actually have??
>
> 	OK.
>
> I hate clothes and footwear shopping. In Edinburgh, the on
> clothes shop I
> can buy stuff in is a bit overpriced, but the staff know me
> on sight, and
> provide good service. That to me is worth a few extra pounds.
>
> --
> Steven Hill

	This reminds of the fact that I have had several girlfriends that
were surprised by my willingness to go shoe shopping with them. The fact is
it does not bother me because they cannot hard sell me at all on these
items. They don't stock what I want and I know it. The conversation goes
like this...

" Can I help you find anything while you wait sir?" 		<pushy
salesperson looking for an opening>
" Actually you can I would really like a new pair of shoes!" <innocent
looking me>
" Great any particular style I can show you?" 			<Greedy
salesperson smelling a easy sale>
" I'm not picky, what you got in a 14EE ?" 			<Still
innocent me>
" Urk! Um, nothing , gotta go...."
<Salesperson desperate to get away to make a sale elsewhere>
" Wait can you order for me? Hello? Hello?"			< Not so
innocent me chasing my victim>

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org