[geeks] Big Geek Feet

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:43:54 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 03:21:41PM -0500, Michael A. Turner wrote:
> 	All,
>
> 	Here is a problem I have, and I am sure other people on this list
> have, that I have big wide feet. The sort of feet that Bigfoot would point
> at and laugh. Specifically 14 EE size. I now am in the market for shoes. I
> want cool shoes, shoes that say I am an interesting human being, or failing
> that say I am not afraid to make fun of my feet.

I was recently measured at RedWing, and I believe that is the exact size
they said I am.

> 	Now do any of you have recommendations for cool shoes for people
> with a clown like foot structure. I know about redwing, and new
> balance. I am hoping some of you might have a better idea. I just
> placed an order for a pair of spot-bilt shoes in my size but they are
> plain looking. I want something to wear out on the town. Any ideas?
> What do you do my fellow geek mutant brethren?

Have you looked at Doc Martens?  They come in the relevent sizes.  I was
strongly thinking of getting some, but I just couldn't see spending that
sort of money in my current situation.  So, I was looking through some
miscelaneous shoe store in the local mall (blech!), and noticed that
they had a brand called Unlisted in my sizes.  I got a sort of half boot
shoe, lug soles, not exactly matte, but not a shiny finish either.

--
Joshua D. Boyd