[geeks] Mozilla 1.2b

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Nov 22 03:57:08 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:32:09AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> However, it seems to be badly effecting either wmaker or XFree.
I am using Mozilla 1.1 on Tru64 5.1 with fvwm2 2.4. There seams to
be a problem with windowmanager interaction in Mozilla. The Mozilla
windows have no border or title bar. (1.0 displayed no border but a
title bar.) Besides that it works as well as "bloated Linux weenie
software" can.

Also, I installed 1.1 on an other Alpha running NetBSD 1.6. It is
unusable slow. (We had this thred some time ago...) Meanwhile I
know why: It's the "fault" of the NetBSD dynamic linker. This was
greatly improved in -current and posts to port-alpha are reporting
from a significant speed boost. I have to upgrade this Alpha to
-current now... :-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen