[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 11:30:45 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:08:49PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:56:42AM -0500, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> > Sorry but I am still learning english... hehe...
> > I'm just living in the US since 2 years now...
>
> Since we are on the topic about picking on english usage:
>
> "I'm just living in the US since 2 years now..." is improper.

It could be a direct translation from French or Italian, probably other
Romance languages, I disremember whether it would be from any of the
other Germanic tongues.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       Liver with fava beans and a nice chianti is
       less appealing if the donor has cirrhosis
          -- after Coyu, in soc.history.what-if