[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 21 00:41:22 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Dave Kimmel wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, true.  My main uses for Windows are web stuff, games, and PIC
> > programming.  And ssh to the FreeBSD box that's five feet away.  Oh and
> > anything graphical, mainly because my FreeBSD box is rather inadequate
> > for that.
>
> Why not install FreeBSD on the current Windows box?

I haven't thought of doing this in a while...  It might be worth a shot,
but I've never been sold on the whole dual booting thing.

> Blizzard has *always* supported Macs along with PC's.  Actually, they
> started out supporting Macs and added PC's later.  The one who I am glad
> has decided to recently start supporting Mac is Infogrames (the parent
> company of Microprose/Hasbro Interactive).

I thought it was the other way around?  I seem to remember StarCraft being
PC first, Mac second.  Brood War (the StarCraft expansion) was both at the
same time, IIRC.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca