[geeks] Anybody can borrow me $10k? hehe....

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Nov 19 14:11:21 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:58:02PM -0600, Geek wrote:
> |    You haven't worked with very many real computers, have you.
> |
> |       -D.
>

> Well, that depends on the definition, but by your statement I assume
> PC's and Mac's do not qualify, which automatically forces the response
> of no.

I think certain macs should count.

Besides, it is easy to need over $10k for a mac.  One dual proc 1.2ghz
G4 with 2 gigs of ram, dual cinema HD displays, a fc-al card and a
terabyte of diskspace, and a Pinnacle CinewaveHD will easily set you back
far more than $10k.

Or a bit more relevent.  Use this Origin/Onyx2 combo, or buy 20 xserves
with myrinet interconnects and throw Geforce4 cards into 5 of them, and
you still won't quite have the same thing because to get the equivelent
of chaining graphics pipelines, you would have to set up a video wall
with each piece being 640x480, and this is still not quite equal.

--
Joshua D. Boyd