[geeks] G++ header parsing to XML

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Nov 17 11:57:21 CST 2002

I was reading an article that talked about how the development team of
VTK developed a system using lexx and yacc to parse their header files
for the purpose of automatically creating bindings to other languages.

They then said that the next version of the project replaces their
lexx/yacc code by using G++ to parse the header files into .xml.

Alright, so does anyone have any clue what they are actually doing here?
g++ doesn't seem to have a --parse-to-xml flag in the man pages.

I don't really have any immediate need for this, I'm just curious.

--
Joshua D. Boyd