[geeks] Harman kardon

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Nov 15 17:01:35 CST 2002

[ On Friday, November 15, 2002 at 15:33:53 (-0500), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Harman kardon
>
> Isn't Harman/Kardon supposed to be a good brand?

It depends on what you mean by "good", I suppose.

They pioneered lots of things in industrial design and consumer
electronics.

Lots of their consumer gear is recognized as being "good" in terms of
quality and performance, but IIRC they've also been panned by critics
for poor quality and performance quite often too.

>  I have a pair of their
> speakers on a Dell here at school, and they such.  They have virtually
> no bass, poor definition, and the tone knob sounds like it just adjusts
> the treble without effecting anything else.

Are you sure they're properly matched (electrically, that is) to
whatever amp/source they're plugged into?

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>