[geeks] Object Oriented Programming Books.

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Nov 15 01:15:51 CST 2002

[ On Friday, November 15, 2002 at 02:10:19 (-0500), Greg A. Woods wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Object Oriented Programming Books.
>
> I think all of the major "commercial" implementations are free for all
> non-commercial and academic use.  Certainly all of Cincom's stuff is, as
> is IBM's VisualAge, and eXept's smalltalk/X is freely available too.
> Unfortunately only Cincom goes much beyond M$-Windoze and GNU Linux x86.

hmmm.... Smalltalk/X is available for a wide variety of commercial unix
platforms too....  If it weren't for the damn shared libraries (even
though I can easily run GNU/linux binaries, I detest the idea).... maybe
I can get them do do a static-linked version for me....  or maybe
they'll do a NetBSD port....

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>