[geeks] Western area (Montana/Colorado) job questions...

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Mon Nov 11 22:16:37 CST 2002

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 03:36:43PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Is there anybody on the list from the Montana/Colorado area?
>
> I've got an inlaw that could possibly find us an inexpensive plot of
> land in Montana or Colorado and I'm wondering how the job market is out
> there.  The inlaw currently lives in Missoula but I hear that the job
> market is real thin in that area.  (Same is probably true of broadband
> in rural areas as well.)

I'm in Denver, have been unemployed for lessee... 12 months. No fun.
Well, if I'm guessing right, you mean in northern, northwestern
colorado, and there are no jobs there. If I'm wrong and you'd be
close to the Denver-Boulder-Longmont triangle, the job market is
bad, real bad. Lot's of R&D, branch offices, most of which are
not hiring or laying people off. I know that Colorado Springs
has jobs, I just think most of them are already filled. I have
no idea about Grand Junction.

Good luck,
Jody