[geeks] Sun is developing a new LINUX desktop!!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Nov 11 21:55:09 CST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> OpenWindows is *already* gone in Solaris 9:

No, OpenLook is gone.  OpenWindows is the name for Sun's implementation
of X11+DPS, unless things have changed.

> mrbill at ohno:/usr/openwin/bin> ls *wm*
> twm
>
> I'd say Solaris 10 will be GNOME-only.

That's okay.  I still have my Octane, and I can still run Solaris 9 or
OpenBSD on my SPARC kit.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.