[geeks] Apple vs. Sun

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Nov 7 05:27:59 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 01:20, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> One of my favorite printers is the Okidata ML395C.  Built like a tank, and
> prints at completely ridiculous speeds.  In color, too.

I've spent quite a bit of time with Okidata ML3410's and ML4410's.  The
4410 weighs a TON.  I'd also say the 4410 is more reliable, We beat the
crap out of all the line printers (about fifteen or so 3410's and two
4410's) and we do have problems with them, but i'm fairly sure that it's
because no one has ever spent the time with a manual to really learn how
to configure them properly.

We're currently in the process of replacing most of the Okidata's with
HP laserjets.  I could probably take a few 3410's home, but i think i'll
pass, don't have much need for line printers here.

	-Dan Sikorski