[geeks] Misuse of Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 6 21:12:58 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 02:57 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
>>   Also, the embedded systems community is moving to Java in droves for
>> larger applications due to lack of bugs caused by misuse of dynamic
>> allocation and pointers.
>
> There are plenty of other languages which don't suffer from those,
> including perl, python and ruby.

   That's nice.  But the embedded systems community isn't adopting any
of those.  I wasn't saying "wouldn't it be nice if"...I was saying
"this is happening".  Now *I* am not doing it...but lots of people are.

   And besides...I'd like to see you run Perl in an 8-bit processor with
64Kbytes of ROM and 200 bytes (yes, bytes) of RAM.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley