[geeks] CHEAP compact fluorescent bulbs

Leo Green leo at nurgle.net
Wed Nov 6 17:28:41 CST 2002

Well, I just bought a set of these CF bulbs from smarthome.  I'll let
you guys know how it goes.

I use X10 to turn on and off a lot of other devices in my house, like an
air filter, fans, etc...
I like having the filter run when I'm not at home, and the fans running
while there's daylight.  It's also nice to have the lights on when I
come home, dim automatically late at night, and go out when the sun
comes up.  As far as the MAC versions, for some reason, I haven't
managed to get my usb serial port to work under classic yet, but i'll
figure it out as soon as I give it more than 5 mins of attention.  At
some point, i'll have to get the unix X-10 utilities to work, but I
haven't really cared to yet.