[geeks] makefile -> VC++ project

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Nov 6 16:37:53 CST 2002

Does anyone know of a tool to make this translation easy?

My professor wants libjpeg, libtiff, lib3ds, pthreads, and audiere all
to be included in the sourcetree for the toolkit I'm working on in VC++
(well, actually most of the work is in Gcc on linux, but the official
platform is VC++).  I've tried convincing him it isn't needed, but not
getting anywhere.  It doesn't help that currently I can't figure out if
it is possible or not to get vc++ to take several .lib files and combine
them into one large .lib.  At the moment there are something like 10+
.lib files produced by compiling the toolkit that have to be included in
any projects that use the toolkit, and he insists it should only be one.

--
Joshua D. Boyd