[geeks] Misuse of Java

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Nov 6 10:44:04 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 10:34 AM, William S. wrote:

> I am not a programmer but am curious what you mean by
> good programming practice. Is there a list of things to
> do prior to and after writing code to make sure it is
> "good"?

Design and testing, respectively.  A lot of code out there resembles a
house that didn't have a floorplan before people started pouring a
foundation.  There are also some really good books on algorithms that a
lot of programmers fail to read.  Writing good code is strenuous mental
work, and a lot of people treat it as "art" that shouldn't be
"constrained" to a "right way".

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems