[geeks] Misuse of Java

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Nov 6 10:38:31 CST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 11:34 AM, William S. wrote:
>>> I've got a Blade 1000 with 900Mhz CPU, and Java is *still* kinda
>>> slow.
> . . . .
>> they're learning the Java language...not learning good programming
>> practice.
>>
> I am not a programmer but am curious what you mean by
> good programming practice. Is there a list of things to
> do prior to and after writing code to make sure it is
> "good"?

   Dude...huge books have been written on the subject; it'd be
impossible to sum up "good programming practice" in a quick email.  I
will try to type up a few examples while I'm on the road (which will be
starting today) though.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley