[geeks] jobs

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Nov 6 10:35:19 CST 2002

David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> One of my friends just got a job driving petrol tankers.  UKP38k/yr, four
> days on six off, and apparently they can't get enough of 'em.  The
> training to get an HGV class 1 licence and a hazchem certificate costs a
> few hundred. So if I don't find anything, I can always go and become a
> trucker.

Trucking is fun - when I was doing it, though, it didn't pay anywhere near
that amount.  I've heard rumblings that the pay is going up - as more people
want to do "technology" jobs rather than "menial" jobs.  UKP38k/yr is damn
nice for 4-on-6-off - that works out to about USD60k/yr.  Hmmm....I'd sure
be tempted.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com