[geeks] jobs

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 08:11:54 CST 2002

Remember a couple of weeks ago I was all excited about starting my new job?
I was really enjoying it too, despite it being sysadminning and despite it
involving both software *and* hardware *and* users, because I was having to
think.  And because I got to lart spammers.

But now, I am out of work again.  They've cut me, the lead developer, the
QA guy, the training guy (who trains clients on our systems, not just
orgynising training for staff) and the receptionist/office manager.  The
entire tech team now consists of two junior developers (one of whom was
also a sort-of junior sysadmin), a temporary dba (cos the real dba is off
to drop a sprog in a couple of weeks), an NT person who comes in one day
a week and looks after the office desktops, and a manager who thinks he's
a developer and dba because he can do stuff with Squeal Sewer.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Anyone need a BOFH or a good developer, in the London area?  Or want to
relocate me to somewhere else vaguely civilised?

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   Perl may be the best solution for processing a text
   file, but asking a group of Perl Mongers clearly isn't
                                                  -- aef, in #london.pm