[geeks] living cheap (moved from rescue@)

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 4 10:36:08 CST 2002

Kris Kirby wrote:

> One of these days, I'm going to pull off of the grid. Too bad caves are
> too moist for computers. :-(

Actually I've looked at things and the most efficient type of home seems
to be this one: www.earthship.org  Built out of recycled materials and
is pretty much off the grid.  The only question for us becomes how to
generate the electricity needed to power our mass of silicon. ;-)  Thus
the books Bill has.

You used to be able to look this up at the local library but our local
branch has become slightly more "politically censo^hcorrect" than it has
in the past.  (That reminds me, I have to visit the library board to
find out why I MUST give up my right of privacy to search their
non-internet enabled card-catalog.  Big "I Agree" window before you use it.)

Mike Hebel