[geeks] PCI FC for Octane

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 31 19:15:12 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:22:27PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> What's eating all your XIO slots?  I know you have 2 SI cards.  I'll

i have three SI cards (only two in now till i move it to the office and get
some extra cooling for it) and one is getting upgraded to an SSI, so that's
all four slots.

> scream if you also bought the PVO or DVO and UW SCSI cards.

i've got no need for the PVO or the DVO since i have the Sirius Video for the
Onyx.  also, this thing only has the two internal 4GB disks.  everything else
comes off of the NFS server, although i'd much rather have it FC attached
instead of FDDI attached (actually, FastE since i haven't found a PCI FDDI
card for the bastard yet either)

-brian
--
Besides, statistics are different for computers.  Experience has taught
me that if you see one instance, it's an anomaly. If you see two, you're