[geeks] On the job stuff...

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri May 31 10:40:44 CDT 2002

Am I right in my assumption....?
That...
Solaris 8 has no built-in way to perform a proper online backup of the
root slice.

I'm going through my cert materials, and they seem to indicate such...
all solutions for backing up root slices have to do with bringing the
machine up in single-user mode via the Install CD and using ufsdump and
ufsrestore.  Does one need Veritas or something else to do a more
advanced backup.

What does everyone do in production... obviously it would be silly to
take backups even in the middle of the night if you have to bring the
machine down.

Andrew