[geeks] home mp3 system suggestions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 30 14:31:32 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:16:06PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:

> Errm, with a computer.  PC104 boards are tiny and reasonably cheap.  Sure,
> you could spend plenty of time building something entirely custom, but using
> a computer is sooo much less hassle, and doesn't have to be lower quality.

They aren't that cheap.  The cheapest I can find on ebay is $50 for a
486.  The goal had been make a device sole simple that I didn't need
to do much inventing.

Those SBCs do leave one with a few ideas though.  Add a TV out port,
and find a way to get a nice remote to use with them, and you could do
some spiffy things for home entertainment centers.

--
Joshua D. Boyd