[geeks] home mp3 system suggestions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 30 11:23:14 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:17:10AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> He's not as picky as you, Josh - normal mac audio out is fine for him, and
> in most cases, he'll just be streaming these over the local LAN and playing
> them through a laptop or computer speakers.

You never know.  You mentioned vinyl, and the few people I know who invest
in vinyl are mostly more picky than me.  Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned
it.  Lord knows I spent enough time with my head in cheap radio shack head
phones listening to CDs played in a walmart sub $50 special CD player (present
from sister).

> > Scripted CD ripping on CD insertion would be easy to pull off with an hour
> > of scripting time.
>
> Or, he can just put in a cd, click "import", and iTunes does it all for him.
> Why reinvent the wheel?

Because it is our calling as computer programmers.  Oh sure Bill.  Be a party
pooper.  Just go listen to what your admin side tells you to do. ;)

> > to convert raw audio to .wav files.  But again, Why?
>
> Again, iTunes, "burn audio CD".

But that is a CD, not a wav file.  Your forwarded message said he wanted to
burn a wav file.

--
Joshua D. Boyd