[geeks] MRTG

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Wed May 29 16:12:22 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 14:10, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> Anyone good with MRTG? I have it working for a pile of stuff around here,
> but I haven't had to really get into it because it was so easy to set up.
> What I am trying to do, is monitor page output from our printer (HP LaserJet
> 2200dn). Our printer does snmp and I can monitor the bandwidth use, but a
> page count would be much handier.
>
> Anyone know if it is possible?

Probably is.  Do you have the SNMP MIBs for the printer, so that you can
find out what it actually reports?  They should be available from HP's
website, someplace.  After that it's just a trivial matter of putting a
couple of things into mrtg.conf, and telling it what to call the graph.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.