[geeks] Just and EBay horror story.

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed May 29 15:23:52 CDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I was reading his negs for a laugh while munching my lunch.
>
> What a jerkoff

Good, I thought it was just me.  I really tried to be nice, but allow me
to make some quotes:

In his initial cost quote:

"Attention PayPal Users!Due to the OUTRAGEOUS charges inflicted on
sellers by PayPal, I will ONLY accept payments through paypal if you are
willing to pay the charges. PayPal is sucking the life out of sellers. I
am offering PayPal as a service. If you wish to use this service, you
must pay the service charge. You may always chose to pay with check or
money order to avoid this charge. I am extremely sorry about this. Please
feel free to complain to PayPal asking them why they have to be such
thieves."

the PayPal thing:

"Yea, me too...ebay can BLOW me. The money is coming out of my pocket.
Until the day I work for them, I do thing MY way."

illegal in CA:

"I am not in California. If people dont like to pay the 4%, they can get
off their FAT ASS and mail a check or money order."

When I commented about the condition of the system:

" Umm, How much did you PAY for a WORKING computer again? You received
EXACTLY what was advertised.
 Negative feedback is met with the same in return.

 You really wanted to USE that antique? Most are purchased to put away
on a shelf as a conversation piece or collectors item. They have NO
power, what can it be used for? Is there any company that makes software
that will run on the old 68k machines?
 I run 2.1 GH CPUwith 1 gig ram PC and still want more power. Those old
macs are junk and were basicly sold as junk."

Final comment that drove me to the negative feedback. (Keep in mind that
the original auction said that it was worth it "for the parts alone", it
did NOT say "suitable for parts only.")

"I sold the computer for parts. The parts are there and they work. Im
sorry you are crying about how clean they are (sorry guy, but that is
sissy stuff). If you wanted a perfect museum piece you should have asked
if it was.
 Sold a perfect mac IIci with the original box, NIC card, expanded cashe
card, graphics card, etc couple weeks ago...that was a nice buy.
 I HATE when people are crybabys over $20 items. Its NOT WORTH my time.
My standard policy is negative feedback is met with negative feedback..I
dont care what the reason, thatis my policy. Walk away, andI
foregetit. I have sold probably into the thousands of items between my
various accounts and have strict policy for dealing with people. I sell
it cheep, to get rid of it. Many computers come as trade in units. They
are tested, they boot..they have nodents orbroken case parts..they are
listed and sold. ALL items are sold "AS IS"."

(I thought about pointing out to him that "cheap" and "cheep" are
different words, but decided I'd had enough. <g>)

_Pete