[geeks] LCD displays

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed May 29 05:15:30 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:13:40PM -0600, Dave Kimmel wrote:

> That about covers most of the LCDs I've looked at closely.  They all had
> analog connections though, which puts them at a disadvantage.  I don't
> know what kind of connection your Sun/Samsung uses though.  I'd imagine
> that almost any LCD would look pretty good with a digital connection, but,
> apart from laptops, I haven't seen any digtally connected LCDs up close.
>
> Aren't the Apple displays digital only?

Certainly the one I have is both.  I think it uses an Apple-proprietary
connection for digital though.  It's a pretty damned good display.  OK,
black isn't *quite* black, but other than that I have no complaints.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   it's amazing that your parents can be so kind and
   thoughtful and produce ... well ... you
             -- Greg McCarroll, speaking to me on IRC