[geeks] 802.11b access points

Kirby Menzel kmenzel at austin.rr.com
Tue May 28 23:48:44 CDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002 22:44:36 -0500
Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

> What is the general opinion of 3com 802.11b access points?  (I'm asking
> because this seems like a good price:
>
> http://www.buy.com/retail/computers/product.asp?sku=10318253&loc=10996 )
>  Any opinions?
>
> 	-Dan Sikorski

The AP 2000 sounded great to me back before it actually came out when I
was working for 3Com.  It had all the features that were lacking in the
(then) current access points, at least according to pre-release specs.
What I would recommend is to call 3Com and ask them about any questions
you might have.  They have a toll-free for just such a thing.  I believe
the number is 1-800-Net-3Com.  If at all possible, try to speak to Scott.
He is the most knowledgeable person there.  Short of that, anybody but
Jeff should be competent enough to help you.

If it fits your needs, and it fits your price range, go for it.
Otherwise, look at the alternatives.

Kirby