[geeks] Star Office 5.2 freebie ending

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 28 22:25:28 CDT 2002

> StarOffice is a *great* piece of software, and well worth the $75 they're
> asking for.  If you're still too cheap for that, grab OpenOffice.

I personally use OpenOffice on Solaris and Linux, as I felt it was a
step ahead of Star Office at the time.  However, if Star Office is now
on par with Open Office, then I see no reason *not* to buy the
software.  Supporting the commercial endeavor of Sun is the only
effective way to reduce the dependency on MS Office.  That said, I
**really** wish they would build and fucking release an Irix version,
until then, AbiWord is what I'll use on my SGIs.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com