[geeks] LCD displays

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Tue May 28 22:13:40 CDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I have the 18.1" Sun (actually a Samsunc Syncmaster 800TFT).  Its nice, but
> not *that* great - if I hadnt lucked into it, I would never have *paid* for
> it.

That about covers most of the LCDs I've looked at closely.  They all had
analog connections though, which puts them at a disadvantage.  I don't
know what kind of connection your Sun/Samsung uses though.  I'd imagine
that almost any LCD would look pretty good with a digital connection, but,
apart from laptops, I haven't seen any digtally connected LCDs up close.

Aren't the Apple displays digital only?

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca